A Guide to Adobe Fill and Sign
The good old days of wasting paper and ink have long passed. We have digitised our world in every aspect of our lives. The goal in the work environment specifically is to collaborate, communicate and connect on a digitised platform. This makes our jobs more efficient, essentially giving us the opportunity to do more in less time and less effort. We go over the steps on how to fill out and sign a digital document with Adobe’s Fill and Sign application.
Documents have also all been digitised and most institutions now accept digital documents as legal. An electronic signature on a document has the same legal status as a wet ink signature. (Some circumstances are exempt from digital signatures for example in executing wills or long-term leases).
Click the Fill and Sign Link
Open a Form
Open any fillable form in Adobe Sign. You can also add other documents, but in this tutorial you will work with just one document. You can open a file in two ways:
- Click Add Files and then navigate to the desired file in your Adobe Sign library, on your computer, or in cloud storage.
- Drag and drop the desired file.
Using the text tool, click anywhere in the document where you want to add text and start typing. You can also use the X, checkmark, and dot tools to add symbols as needed.
To sign PDF documents or other agreements, follow these steps:
1. Click on the Sign icon in the top toolbar.
2. Click Add Signature in the sub-menu.
3. Choose one of the four options Adobe Sign provides for adding an e-signature:
- Type your Name
- Draw your own signature using your mouse or finger on a touchscreen
- Select Image to upload a picture of your own signature
- Select Mobile to capture your signature on your mobile device
4. Click Apply
5. Move your mouse to the correct location and click once to place your signature.
6. Click Done. At this point, you have completed filling and signing the form.
You can take four optional next steps:
- Send a Copy of the document to someone else
- Download a Copy of the form you just completed
- Manage This Agreement to access all management options in the Manage tab
- Sign Another Agreement to repeat the Fill and Sign process with another document
Tip from Adobe: Learn more about filling out and signing PDF documents and other documents yourself. You can also get others to sign PDF documents and other documents using Adobe Fill & Sign. Adobe offers additional products to fill PDF files and sign PDF forms, including Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Acrobat Reader, the Acrobat Reader mobile app, and the Adobe Sign app for Android and iOS.
Images courtesy of Adobe.